Tuesday, October 02, 2012

TV Tuesday...Saturday Edition...Confused?

So, it was Saturday night…I happened to be home alone that evening…and so I was completely restless. I had been watching several back to back episodes of House Hunters hoping to fall asleep on the couch. Unfortunately, I was wide awake, but Mousse, on the other hand had completely passed out next to me.

Suddenly, I heard the house alarm. You know…the sound that goes off when a door or window opens. My heart stopped…I looked at Mousse and was amazed that her supersonic ears didn’t hear the sound and she didn’t jolt awake. I pre-dialed 911 on my phone as I started monitoring the garage door, back door, front door…everything was locked and shut. Then I stood in front of my two spares rooms…and like gang busters, I burst into each door. (You know, because me busting into the room to face a burglar face to face would somehow help my situation). Luckily…both rooms were empty. I was bewildered. The only door left was my side door to the garage. This would mean I’d have to burst into the garage…and somehow the thought of that was way scarier than bursting into the spare rooms.

 I called Matt…who was out of town at the moment…He assured me that the house and every entry  was as secured as Ft. Knox…and that if by chance there was an intruder, Mousse would have gone into attack mode by now. In my head I knew he was right…I looked at Mousse who was then awake and following me with a puzzled look on her face. A part of me wanted to be certain and call my neighbors the Mathews to come over and double check the premises for me. But who was I kidding? If we did find someone…I would jump into Merly’s arms and Shines would jump into mine! And it was 2 a.m….they would kill me if the intruder didn’t kill me first. So, I hung up with Matt and sat on the couch and logically thought about the situation.

By now 20 minutes had passed…if someone was in the house, we would have surely bumped into each other by now. Andd…Matt was right…the house is as secure as Ft. Knox. And suddenly a thought came to me…. I rewinded the episode of House Hunters I had been watching. And sure enough…the alarm sound was on the TV!  Ooopsie.  Needless to say, I fell right to sleep after that!

No comments: