Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy birthday to my good friend, Derrick...aka "Dnuts." I selected this picture of him (the bald and beautiful one) and Roy pummeling Coco because it's a perfect depiction of his silliness...and no matter how old he gets, he'll always be silly! Happy Dirty Thirty, D!

As usual, the weekend went by way too fast, and I'm currently trying to resist the Easter chocolates left on my desk by a co-worker. I will just leave them sealed in the cute little bunny box that they're in and maybe I'll forget that they're there.

I've been reading an intriguing book lately. It's called "Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold. The book is about a 14 year old girl who was murdered back in the 70's, her life in Heaven and how her family copes on Earth. It's been a very interesting read...the kind you really can't put down. (in case you'd like to pick up a copy for yourself!!)

159 days until the wedding. Why does that sound like an infinitive number to me? It seems like it will take forever to get here, although everyone tells me that it won't. Cousin Leslie pointed out that the entire summer will be over and school will re-start...and then only will it be time for the wedding. Thanks for pointing that out, Les. *sigh*

4 comments:

kovoor36 said...

ooh i read lovely bones while we were in bali! it was expecially creepy because it took place in philly suburbs....like places i could identify with... really odd, but great read!!

Scorps1027 said...

i read lovely bones last year, after my sister recommended it to me. i agree, i find it really creepy but i couldnt' put it down. the wedding will be here before you know it, dont' worry time flies!

Ji-Ji... said...

My SIL loved the book and gave it to me to read it.. She said it's written unlike any book she read.. I just haven't had time for leisure reading lately..
Anyway will have to wait until semester is over.
159 days will go by fast.. meanwhile, enjoy the planning phase :)

kovoor36 said...

i forgot, happy belated derrick!!:)