Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Somethin' to think about...

As Jana mentioned in her fotolog this morning, my heart goes out to all the victims of the tragic shooting at Virginia Tech. After hearing about this tragedy and then finding out that someone tried to break into my friend's home while his wife and child were in the house...I was once again reminded that is by grace that I am still here, safe and protected. It also reminded me of a thought I had last week...about purpose.

A few weeks ago, on Easter Sunday, a golfer, who had just won the prized "green Jacket" at the Master's tournament was quoted to say, "Whether I win or lose, my purpose on Earth is to bring glory to God." I started to really think about that and examine myself throughout the day. Did anything I do all day long bring glory to God? Sadly, I discovered that on 6 out of 7 days, I have fallen short. Anyway, I've now made a conscious effort to focus more on my true purpose...But, I thought I'd throw that out there for the rest of you guys to think about as well...sometimes we all just need a reminder.

In other news, 151 days till the wedding! I've already gotten the wedding invitations in...they come a lot sooner than expected. They're quite simple and to the point...kinda like me. ;) Matt sent me a picture of the finished bridesmaids outfit, and I'm very impressed. They're quite gorgeous! Everything is really coming together....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im so disturbed abt the va tech shootings. its just such a crazy thought to be sitting in a classroom and being terrorized liek that. my heart defly goes out the the students and families and anyone else effected by this. also, woohoo abt things coming together! at least some happiness today:)

Anonymous said...

Yaay...i'm glad everything's coming together. I'm excited for you :)