Thursday, April 26, 2007

Unexplainable things...

I'm beat. I was kung fu fighting in my nightmares all night long...and awoke feeling extremely tired...as if I never went to sleep at all. This is totally NOT what I need this morning...as if working in a pin-drop silent office isn't bad enough when trying to force myself to stay awake.

Let's talk TV. Last night was a very emotional night of television. AI was heart-wrenching and very difficult to watch. The statistics were unfathomable...Every 30 seconds children in Africa are orphaned due to a parent dying of aids....and every 30 seconds a child dies of malaria. The show totally made me want to be on the next flight to Africa...but then reality sunk in, and I realized I had to go to work today. =/

Lost...So let's get this straight. The plane was found and all the passengers were found dead? Uhm, all I have to say is that if they make this island Heaven or Hell....and if Ben turns out to be God or the Devil...I will never watch TV again!!!!!!!!!

In other news...I don't know why I have writer's block. My apartment complex is a wealth of story ideas waiting to be penned....or typed, I should say. I have cooky neighbors who have marital disputes out by the pool for the complex to hear and leave notes to each other outside the door....making it extremely difficult not to take a peek while walking past their door, I might add!! I also have a neighbor who is like a heroine in one of those "I am single chick. Hear me roar" type books. Then there are the Indians, who fry up potato subjee on their back porch and never smile at anyone...except me...cuz I'm brown too! There's also this one really cute chick with an out-of-control chocolate lab. She's often seen running out of control because her dog is dragging her down the sidewalk as it sprints toward the innocent bystander that's about to get jumped and slobbered on. But better than all of these characters...is the beast.

I wish I could describe the beast in detail, but I've only see it out once in broad daylight. Typically it's seen roaming around at night, taking a dump on the lawn where dumps are strictly prohibited or pilfering through the trash for the perfect trash bag to rip to shreds on the lawn. As if the destructive act is his own special way of flippin the birdie at management. The beast usually appears from out of nowhere and then often vanishes into the thin air. No one knows where it dwells.

I hadn't seen him in a while and told my neighbor that he might very well be dead. But then yesterday, Mousse and I were taking a walk and saw it appear from out of nowhere. We both stopped dead in our tracks and watched with our mouths gaping open. The beast is black with brown patches. It has a wild flap of brown hair on the top of it's head that is about 6 inches long and flaps around in the wind...kinda like bangs. It's big. It's fat. And it's fuglier than even the fugliest of dogs. That's because it's not a dog at all!!

A courteous neighbor man saw me and Mousse standing in awe mixed with sheer terror and shooed the beast away. As it galloped away into oblivion, its turned away and shot me and Mousse a look...as if saying, "I'll be back for you." I quickly called my neighbor to inform her that the beast was indeed still alive. I told her that my new theory is that the beast is a cross-breed between two animal species...dog and horse. I think the beast eventually runs back to the farm to return back to its mother the mare and its father the farm dog. We are thinking of ways to trap the beast and run some genetic testing...but until then our imaginations continue to run WILD.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Susan,

I wish I could write like that. You're my inspiration, the wind beneath my writing wings, the ink to my Hero pen (hero is a brand of fountain pen from india that i write with.) My goal is to write something like that now.

Sue V. said...

are u being sarcastic?

kovoor36 said...

hehe, lost is going back to my purgatory theories from season one... i dont know what they are doing..... but still im dying to find out! and your writing has prolly not happened as much cause you have plenty of other things on your mind.... after sept, im sure thnigs be back to normal:)