Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Keepin it Real...

I was talking to a friend this weekend about life as I see it.. How I feel that if you're different from the norm, you'll never fit in....how the closed-mindedness that we often fear plagues our parents generation has seeped in through the blood of our very own...how people recognize rude behavior when they're the ones receiving it, but not when they're the ones dishing it out...how it's so hard for people to offer up encouragement, but so easy for them to be discouraging and kick someone who's already down... but what's saddest about this is...these are the same people who hide under the guise of Christianity. They're the ones who preach it, teach it, sing it, shout it...but the light that exudes them is equivalent to that of faint flashlight wit a dying battery.

I'm disappointed...in people, in myself...I'm tired of saying yes to people when I really want to say no...tired of relentlessly trying to be nice to someone who clearly hates me and everyone else...tired of feeling a day late and a dollar short because my life doesn't necessarily match up to the Susan Varghese down the block.

Why am I writing all this? I'm not sure...I just felt like keeping it real today. If something I wrote offended you...you might want to stop and consider why.

4 comments:

kovoor36 said...

preach on!

Anonymous said...

So true and well said. I have been feeling this way for a long time. I guess sometimes things and people suck. We all just have to try and keep our chins up and keep praying even when it is really hard.

Anonymous said...

way to keep it real. sometimes you just got to reevaluate the people you have in your life, who's holding you back and who's helping you move forward

Anonymous said...

I read you blog occassionally and I just wanted to let you know my appreciation for your candid writing. I feel the same way about a lot of things. I guess it all just means practicing the faith even more.

Keep on keepin' on...