Friday, June 01, 2007

The Perfect FIT...


I found the car of my dreams....Yesterday, after discovering my car was making a weird sound, I came to the realization that I do indeed need a new car. There's no way I'm giving up "Old Faithful," my CRV...but, what with Matt's arrival, I will definitely need 2 cars in the Vee-soon-to-be-Tee household. I was browsing the site and discovered that Honda makes a new car....called the Fit. My eyes widened and I simply fell in love! I think the most important thing is that my new car be reliable (nothing can beat Honda reliability) and cost effective. I discussed the new car of my dreams with the Maternal Unit and SunuA. My mom stated her distaste, but knows that inevitably, my taste will prevail. SunuA said, "you're that certain jathi that would like that car" For those of you who don't know what "jathi" means...it means creature. I figured that if she was calling me creature...it most likely meant she didn't like the car. I was convinced she hadn't seen one properly because they're hardly ever seen on the road. Since we were on our way to our buddy Shines's house, I insisted we pull the car up on his computer, so she could take a gander. We pull up to his house...and lo' and behold....a Honda Fit was sitting in front of his driveway!!!!!!! It happened to be owned by one of his friends. SunuA still thinks I have weird taste, but Shines fueled my desire to get the car by reassuring me that the Fit is a perfect fit for me!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayer today. A new opportunity has presented itself for me. I'm not even sure if it will pan out or not, but the thought of it panning out makes me realllllllllllllllllllllllllly nervous. It will require taking a step of faith into the unknown. And although I hate where I'm at right now, I'm comfortable and safe....very safe. I don't want to make a decision that might jeopardize my security.

Weekend plans...tomorrow I will be out furniture shopping with my mom. I will grin and bear it in hopes of getting her old stuff, which isn't in bad shape and works quite well for me. Other than that, more laundry...bleh!...addressing envelopes, yada and yada. I feel like this month will fly by.......3 more months, 106 more days.......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love that car...its cute and sooo you!

Scorps1027 said...

this reminds me of a toyota prius or those european smart cars that are small and compact in size! i totally was going to ask you if it's a hybrid at first. i think it's cute and i'm sure it's super gas-efficient...which is important these days! but most importantly, does matt like it?

Sue V. said...

matt likes it, but he wants to drive the CRV.

Anonymous said...

This car looks like it is perfect for Chris (my son). I HATE driving a car since I am so used to the Van or SUV.

kovoor36 said...

it seems liek the perfect girlie car! i actually love the color too. if its a hybrid, i defly sya get it! gas is getting to be too much these days!! and good luck with whatever it is! hope it goes well!