Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bridesmaids...Chapter 1

So, now that I've released all my exciting news, I don't have much to blog about. I thought I would use this time to introduce the world wide web to my bridesmaids...First up, one of my 2 MOH's...

Beena...


My older sister. I feel akward calling her my big sister...cuz she's a twig, and I've been bigger than her for much of my life. If you don't know her, she comes off as this really quiet, mature, solemn individual. If you DO know her, and have played any type of board game with her, you know the truth. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing...a tongue lashing from her is worse than a thousand whips.

Growing up, she totally took care of me...made sure I knew how to dunk my chocolate chip cookies in milk to achieve the perfect amount of choco-soggyness, braided my hair in two pigtails till i was 15, and constantly reminded me to "pull my pants up." (she shoulda just told my mom to buy me a belt!) I'm sure cousin Lisa could share many memories about Beena as well...the summers filled with rationed cherry seven-up and daily servings of chef boyardee while in her care.

Now that we're adults, our relationship hasn't changed a bit. I'm still looking for any reason to poke fun at her...and Lord knows there's never a shortage of reasons to do so, but now my attempts are fueled by the laughter of my nephew. He keeps me inspired to keep going.

All jokes aside...cuz I could go on for days...She's a good sister, who gives sound advice...a person with tons of inner strength...and has served as a great example of what kind of mother I want to be some day.

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

very cute pic of you and your sis!! and very sweet tribute to her, even with the jokes and poking fun at her you do;)

Scorps1027 said...

aww, what a sweet tribute! i like the pic of the two of you. your sis is indeed a very beautiful and nurturing and STRONG woman!

can't wait for tribute no. 2.