Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Well, today is going to be a bittersweet day for me. My pals on the 6th floor are taking me out for a goodbye lunch. We haven't technically worked together in 6 years, but we've maintained our friendship despite that minor technicality. They have always been my family here at AFA no matter how far I strayed away from them. Although I'm happy to be moving on to broader pastures, I'm sad that I won't be able to run into them in the elevators or steal quick hugs in the halls. But, something tells me that my place in life will hardly hinder our friendships....Afterall, the Furball and I worked together 15 years ago and we're STILL friends. ;)

Speaking of FRIENDS....Bridesmaids Chapter 5...the last chapter...
Sunu

Our history begins at Western Heights High School back in 1991. She sat at her end of the classroom and I sat at my end. She says our lack of communication was all my fault. Something about me not wanting to acknowledge the fact that I was an Indian. I say that's hogwash. I was intimidated by Indians back then...Well, Indian girls, I should say. With the guys, I was just one of the guys...but Indian girls had a way of staring into the core of you, examining if your bangs had the right amount of "poof", if your jeans were french rolled correctly, and if your cole haans were real or Dexters. So, I didn't wanna have anything to do with Indian girls....which included Sunu.

Never in a zillion years would I have thought that Sunu and I would become inseparable friends. She has seen me through some very tough times...helped me when I had no one else to turn to...and been my "date" to every social function for the past several years. With her, I know I can be my true self and tell her what I'm really thinking (even if she may not like it)....with out ever having the feeling of being judged.

Making new friends is great...but having old ones that know the core of you and love you despite your differences is even better!

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

enjoy the lunch today!! and woohoo for the last of the bridesmaids!! you have a small number! makes me feel liek i had 1000 of them! hehe!