Friday, June 08, 2007

I'm bringing chubby back...

You know you're old when you discover T-Pain's song, "I wanna buy you a train" is really "I wanna buy you a drank." It makes so much more sense now!!! Who'd wanna train? It's Friday, the weather is gorgeous, and I'm totally ready to get this weekend started!! My place is in complete disarray right now. Shines was ever-so-nice enough to come over and help me put the headboard he gave me together, but he forgot some essential nuts and bolts. Therefore, I slept on the couch last night while Mousse paced the entire night wandering why in the heck we both were NOT as snug as a bug in a rug in my bed. Yes, the mongrel has been sleeping on my bed occasionally. She hates the kennel. I'm contemplating getting rid of it...and perhaps buying her a fluffy dog bed to put in the living room. We'll see how that works. There's just not enough space in the room for a bed, a dresser, a computer, a dog, a kennel, and humans. something's gotta go.

A random thought...OKC is JUST NOW PLAYING Justin Timberlake's "Summer Love" on the radio...saying it's a new release! Meanwhile, I decide to remake his "I'm bringing sexy back" to "I'm bringing chubby back." Do you think that will fly?

Anyway, it's time for Bridesmaids Chapter 3!!! By the way, we're down to the double digits today...99 more days!

CCL...also known as Lisa.

The stories and memories are endless with this one. They start from when we were wee little kids, who jumped on the bed and sang Annie songs...to bigger kids who dugs our nails (or in my case, skin) into each others arms when we fought...to teenagers who wrote letters that were pages upon pages of nonsense and sent them via snail mail...to young adults who came home late after fokana and hid from her mom....(oh wait it was lisa and susantee who hid and me who was left to face the music)...to adults, who still have the same relationship dynamics as we did when we were kids...

To discuss all the crazy ways in which she has tormented me...or in her words..."taught me to grow a spine"...would take days. I never quite measured up to be the tough cookie that she is...but, I don't think this family can handle more than one tough cookie...

When Lisa was getting married, she wrote Susan and me an email...which I still have today. In it, she asked us both to be her maids of honor...in her words, she couldn't go through the day without both Susans by her side. Similarly, I couldn't go through the day without CCL by my side. We've been a huge part of each other's lives...Now it's time for me to insert something totally cheezy that she would completely mock and disapprove of....Cousins by birth...friends by choice. ;)

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

very sweet! and 99 days! holy crap!! have a great weekend!!