Thursday, April 28, 2005

Bring your kids to work day...

It's bring your kids to work day here at the office of BC. 200 kids will be passing through to visit the big bad board room and give their suggestions on how to make AF a better place to work. As much as I think that kids are pesky for the most part, I must admit their ideas are ingenious! A free spa in the building that you could visit in order to unwind with out being penalized for? Who could ask for more?? Ahhh yes, if only these kids were in upper management.

Oh great...this kid is spazzing in front of my desk. He's gripping on to my desk for dear life and talking so loudly that my ear drums are rattling. Seriously oh my gosh...thank God he's not talking to me. Apparently, he fell out of a tree and now he can't go higher than a stump. (I don't think that's all that happened to him when he fell out of that tree) So being on the 7th floor is spazzin him out. So, he's too afraid to go in the board room where there are windows. Oh my gosh, this kid is like screaming about how he can't go higher than the 3rd floor because he has this fear he can't overcome. "7th floor is really like a challenge to me, and I don't want to be challenged...not today. not ever." I think this kid's mother needs a raise so she can get therapy for this child. Holy Cow...suddenly I remember why kids are annoying.

This day is going to be a challenging one to get through.

1 comment:

Scorps1027 said...

Just do what I did when this happened to me 2 years ago. My boss brought in his "precious" spawn of Satan, and Jr. was playing the "WHY?" game with me for a full 2 hours, then proceeded to ransack my drawers and purse. The last straw was when he spit gum onto my heels on PURPOSE! I took him straight to the kitchen and fed him Twizzlers, Jolly Ranchers and Snapple until he had so much sugar in him he couldnt' confine himself to just my desk, he ran all around our floor spreading the wealth that is a 5-year-old boy. His mother picked him up 2 hours later, a FULL 3 hours earlier than planned:) Desperate times call for desperate measures. Find a rubber band ball and tell him to go bounce it in the hallway, or show him the wonders of the copy machine. If all else fails, en masse sugar is recommended.