Friday, April 15, 2005

The Fruitless Search for Prince Charming...

The search for Prince Charming continues. I've taken myself out of the search for the past several months...pretty much a year. I found the whole process to be too taxing. Rejection isn't the best feeling in the world. But it wasn't just rejection, it was the fact that with every creep I met, I felt like the chances of finding a good guy was less and less possible.

Now that I'm back in the search, I wonder why I'm searching at all because nothing has changed. The game is still played the same way. Meet person, talk, send pic and either get denied or accepted, then talk again and realize he's a jackass. They can be seemingly perfect, and then bam!...one weird comment that lingers in your mind leads to the next weird comment that becomes substantial evidence of creepiness and then finally the last weird comment, which serves as the third strike. He's out! *sigh*

Seriously, I've forgotten what it feels like to connect with someone...to talk to someone and enjoy the conversation...Bleh.

Is lonliness so bad? Let's look at the good aspects of lonliness....no drama, you can do waht you want all the time....ok that's it. Let's look at the bad aspects...you have no one to come home to, you have no one to lean on, you have no one to share things with...ok it has already outnumbered the good...so I guess that answers my question.

Arghhhhhhhh, the search continues...

No comments: