Wednesday, April 27, 2005

You can do it...put yo back into it...

Lately something has gotten into me. I'm on this "activity" kick. Those of you who know me, know that I'm the most sedentary person known to man. My idea of activity is walking from the couch to the fridge. I'm not adventerous either. I enjoy keeping both feet firmly planted on the ground. A few years ago, I went jet skiing with my cousins. They were fighting over who had to ride with me. Poor Mikey, he got stuck with me and I commanded him not to go over 5 miles/hr. Of course, he disobeyed.

However, as of late I've been in this adventerous mode. It started with the purchase of my new bike. I know that doesn't sound very out-of-the-norm to most people. But, for me...it was monumentous. It meant that my feet weren't on the floor! I thought a leisurely bike would be perfect for me. But, now I'm kicking myself in the head for not getting a dirt bike. I heard the trails at Lake Hefner are perfect for extreme biking...and I have this urge to go check them out. But, Blue Thunder would never make it through!!

Secondly, I've been on this jogging kick. This coming from a girl who never even played tag in elementary because I didn't like to run. Let's just say that I'm sure there will be a lot of running in hell because that's how horrid it is. However, I'm determined to make this my new passion. At the moment, I can't walk very well, but I'm quite sure that eventually I'll get used to the pain. When I feel that I can't take one more step...I sing the Ice Cube song to myself.

To further prove my insanity, I have promised my friend and neighbor, the Illustrious Finuji that I would go to a spin class with her next week. If I don't make it out alive...Please know that I deeply cared for all of you.

I have no idea why I'm trying to kill myself like this. Maybe I'm trying to hold on to my youth. Funny that I'm only beginning to appreciate it now that it's almost over. =/

No comments: