Tuesday, April 05, 2005

From the Mouth of a Jackass part Deuce

I typically refrain from calling someone a jackass at all cost. (unless it's Billy...then it just flows from my lips) However, yesterday...I was pretty certain about the guy I labeled as such. I guess I should have posted more of his correspondence, so you would be as convinced as I was. But alas...I angrily deleted the nonsense. But, I'll improvise:

Him: I'm sorry, I offended you. As christians, we shouldn't offend each other, but treat others well and forgive each other. Again, I didn't mean to offend you.

Me: I didn't respond...my thought process was...it's so funny how people screw up royally and then throw Christianity in to it afterwards. Were you thinking about it during when you said things like Indian-American authors are "milking the market"...Geez! But keep in mind, I didn't respond.

Him: By the way, it's not culture for a single girl to live with her mom. Maybe you should learn more about Indian culture.

Me: In my mind I was like...whoa...didn't he just apologize? He just said he knows he offended me. So, why is he throwing in one more jab?!? So..I just had to respond. I told him that I know what indian culture is and that maybe he should pick up my book for more information. in the book, the character doesn't understand Indian culture because her parents don't talk about art, literature, dance, music...all they talk about are the customs. So in her mind, custom and culture are one in the same. Only later does she understand what being an Indian is all about...and how to appreciate the culture. So then, I kindly told the guy not to write me again because I felt like he was an argumentative person...since he didn't try to understand my viewpoint (which was why he was bringing up the subject)...instead he attacked every single statement I made.

Him: he wrote me back anyways...saying I was too sensitive.

Me: rolled my eyes...spoken like a true Jackass!

4 comments:

suitablegirl said...

sue? that guy? total jackass. ugh.

happy roy said...

seriously, don't waste another moment of your time or thought on him. boo!

Anonymous said...

sigh

we need to find another chicken in the sea.. forget him =)

Anonymous said...

moron. tell him to find a way to pull his head out of his @$$.