Wednesday, April 20, 2005

But, I didn't even know how to drive in 1989!!!!

I hate dealing with cars. I wish I was one of those girls who weren't intimidated by car issues, but I am. I'm so intimidated that I pretend like nothing's wrong and drive around with my issues. I know, I know, that's just plain stupid. So now, I'm driving around with a cracked side view mirror, a cracked front window, dented hood, expired tag, and overdue oil change.

Trust me, I realize the severity. I get lectures from B all the time. Today, I plan to deal with car issues before a cop tows my car away....or it just stops in the middle of the highway. I also feel pretty damn ridiculous driving around in a hooptie...when my CRV is far from a hooptie. =/

I've been dreading today like the bubonic plague. I rather eat hot tar than go to a tag agency or the shop. Seriously, I had a nightmare about it last night...that they told me my car was so messed up it was irrepairable...and that I'd have to start shopping for a new one. I think I hate car stuff so much because it's never a simple task. When I go in for an oil change I always get bad news. "Ms. Varghese, you're vuluptoraptosphinxometer coil is broken, which causes the engine to overheat and form a combustulating fume that will cause your car to explode." LOVELY!...how much? "Just a mere 15,000.72." Aaaaah, I dread it. Then the tag agency will tell me "Ms. Varghese, it loos like back in 1989 you ran through a toll and the Pike Pass Agency will not allows us to renew your tag until you pay them the 10,000$ you owe them. Then since you owe them, we tack on a pike pass fee just to make sure you're punished for that run through in 1989, so your fee went from 86$ to 1086$." Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

It's times like this when I wish my pops were around...so I could rely on his male expertise. Bleh. But, I guess I'm a big girl now...and it's all on me. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

I hear you on car fears, Suevee. I hate driving altogether. For me, it's a necessary evil and everything that goes along with it I loathe, oil changes, repair & maintenance, pumping gas, carwashes, expiration dates, UGH!! My one wish in life is that I would never have to drive, but rather could just have a driver and a car....see if I lived in Cochin, that would be possible and acceptable.

I hope everything goes well at the repair shop!

happy roy said...

i'm with you too, sue! i was so dependent on subways and cabs in new york so now if i drive george's car i always feel like something's very wrong -- me behind the steering wheel. i still can't get used to it or the responsibilities that correspond with driving (i don't own one) a car.