Wednesday, April 06, 2005

My Inability to Say No...

How can a one syllable, two letter word be so difficult to say? How does such a little word have such big meaning attached? For me, saying "no" is a difficult task. It shouldn't be. God knows that if we repeat what we hear, I'd be saying no all the time. There's no end to how many times I've heard no....From when I was a wee lad (can I buy some candy?-NO)...to a teenager (can I go borrow the car?-NO)...to adulthood (will you marry me?-HELL NO) But, I've never been one to learn by example.

To me, no means rejection. I can't reject people! So, I say YES....all the time....even when I shouldn't. (Can you help me(which means write) with a paper?-YES) (Can you wash my car?-YES) (Can you type a 165 page paper?-YES) The last question would be my latest dilemma. I rue the day I ever said yes to this one. I've been up till 2 every night to finish this damn thing. I don't even take a lunch at work. Instead, I sit at my desk and type.

But, it's like the never ending paper! It was written by an uncle at my church, so on top of the grueling typing, I have to edit. My fingers throb from the sheer agony of touching the keyboard. I hate the sight of computers. I can't wait till the day that I'm free from this cancer that has been plaguing my life for the past 2 months. I can't wait to come home from work, watch reality TV, ride my bike while the Oklahoma wind whips through my hair, finish reading Roots (Where the hell IS that book?!?!), or even finally finish the scrapbooks for mexico that's taken me a year to make!

4 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

Hang in there Sue! Until you finally learn how to utter no, please just dial my #, and I'll say it for you:) I'm really good at saying no.

happy roy said...

sue, can i borrow a thousand dollars that i will never return? say it with me now: NO! see, that was easy, wasn't it? =)

Anonymous said...

lol.. julie u r too cute =)

but sue.. you need to learn how to say no hon.. you are too nice!

Sue V. said...

trust me, i'm not too nice. i cussed the whole time i did it.