Saturday, June 04, 2005

His ass...ain't got no class

It is officially June and wedding season has begun. As much as I love weddings, I seem to get migraine headaches while attending them. This is odd because I'm not a sufferer of migraine headaches. I do believe, however, that my wedding headaches are stress induced. You'd think that an audience member wouldn't have stress by just sitting at a wedding. "You'd think"

However, today...as is usually the case at Malayalee weddings...I was stressed. I sat in a pew, and literally watched in slow motion as classless man stepped OVER a pew bow to get in his isle, got his foot caught, and knocked the tulle, the flowers, and a candle...shattering the glass. It was horrific! After the idiot did all this, he then used his senseless head and went around to get to his pew...like he should have done in the first place.

I had finally recovered from the first horrific scene when one of the pastors finished reading his scripture, thudded into a candleabra and sent the whole thing sailing to the ground. The audience gasped in sheer horror. Other pastors ran to catch the candleabra before it hit the floor and luckily they succeeded.

Fortunately, I take mental notes at weddings and these disasters are blazed in my memory for life. I will thus remember to try to prevent such occurances from happening when/if I ever have my own wedding.

It just never ceases to boggle my mind how people can be sooooooo classless and just plain stupid sometimes. Thankfully no major disasters occurred...the worst thing that happened was that I got a migraine. =/

No comments: