Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Just 20 steps...

I’m not bored. I have plenty of things to do. The question is, do I really want to do it? The answer is, no. All I really want to do is wish away the next few days because I am off on Friday. Two words…yee haw. I guess that’s technically one word. Anyway…This weekend I’m off to Houston. It beats staying home in OKC for the long weekend. Now typically my visits to Houston are consumed with my cousins, Mikey and Susan. But, they’re no longer there anymore, which means that I will be visiting my mother’s side of the family.

When my father died, one of my concerns was that his side of the family’d never remember us. This really worried me, considering my cousins and I were inseparable in those days. However, much to my dismay, I’m still closer to my father’s side of the family than my mother’s side. So, going to Houston and hanging out with them will be quite a change for me.

Regardless, I’m very anxious to get on the road. And the afternoons just seem to be long and painfully drawn out these days. Today, I spent much of the afternoon counting steps. From my office to the office across the hall it’s 20 steps. From the door to my desk is also 20 steps. From my desk to my friend’s desk is once again 20 steps. Coincidence? Perhaps. Now I’m going to walk from my desk to the boardroom and if that’s 20 steps, I’ll just FREAK. Be right back. Okay, it was only 13. The 20 step curse has been broken. I know what you’re thinking,…”she must be bored.” And indeed, I am. Is it Thursday yet??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, i'm not trying to be mean, but...you need to leave oklahoma. 20 steps???