Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What women want...

To answer Alex's question regarding sensitive men....I'm sure I don't speak for all women, but probably the vast majority. There are different levels of sensitivity. There's nothing wrong with a man who cries when someone dies, or when he sees his bride walk down the isle, or when his child is born, or if you kick him in his nuts. However, I'd probably raise a brow if he cried watching a movie or listening to Journey sing "Faithfully." There's nothing wrong with a guy venting his feelings and frustrations...but when he does it daily, it forces me to ask, "you want some cheese with that whine?"

I think every girl appreciates sensitivity in a man...especially when he's sensitive to her needs. But, a smothering guy is a different story. A smotherer is someone who is TOO sensitive to her needs....It is one who calls 50 times a day for no reason at all, has syrupy sweet nicknames for her, sits next to her at a restaraunt and stares at her as if in a trance. It's those kind of guys that make you think you might be one step away from dating a stalker. I mean everyone likes attention, but no one wants someone to be obsessed over them. A girl needs som breathing room!!

Girls also appreciate a well-dressed man, but personally, I'd like to be prettier than my man. If he's more fashion conscious than me...HOUSTON, we gotta problem. The following conversation would probably scare me.

me: do you like my pink dress?
him: it's not pink, it's fuschia.

I should know more about colors, clothes, hair, and accessories than him. Also, if his eyebrows are more shapely than me....that might propose a slight problem with me too. He doesn't have to be a caveman, but moderate grooming is fine....no need for waxed brows, arms, legs, chests, stomachs or backs. Also, it's great to have a guy who is creative and has an eye for home decor, etc. But, if my man requests candles for his birthday..I'd begin to wonder.

Basically, we girls want a man. Someone who's solid...who knows how to fix a flat and pick out a painting for the living room...who doesn't need to be told his tie doesn't match...who'll be your pillar of strength, yet lean on you when he's hurting too. Is that too much to ask for??

No comments: