Thursday, June 02, 2005

My little ugly man...

my prized possession Posted by Hello


I was walking in the crap infested park in my neighborhood...when a lady came up to me and asked me if I saw a little green bear along the path. When I said no, she seemed really sad. In my mind, I thought...who'd want a little green bear? Sounds ugly to me. But, then I saw the kid in her car...looking all pouty and sad.

I started to think to myself about how kids are weird...until I thought about my little ugly man. I would be DEVASTATED if I lost him. My dad brought the little man back with him from Jerusalem. He's made of sock material, his eyes are yellowed, and he has no arms, but I still adore him. I still remember when my dad handed him over to me...I loved it instantly, but I could never think of a name other than "little ugly man."

Then, I felt sorry for the kid and walked another round just to see if I could find her beloved bear. But, no dice. I came home and saw ugly man sitting on my desk and patted his little ugly head...just to let him know I was glad he was there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so THAT'S where the Friends people got the idea for the name of their neighbor across the street - "ugly naked guy"...lolz =)

suitablegirl said...

i think he's cute!

Anonymous said...

if he had arms.. I am sure he would've patted you back =)

Anonymous said...

awww i like your little ugly man:)