Thursday, June 23, 2005

A new way to pray...

My mom told me about a good way to pray. She learned it from some TV show. I thought it was interesting, so I wanted to share it. When you pray, start with your thumb. The thumb is closest to you and represents those that are close to you...your family, friends, etc. The thumb reminds you to pray for their needs and blessings. The pointer finger is usually used while in instructing. So this reminds us to pray for our teachers, pastors, missionaries etc. The middle finger stands taller than all of the rest of the fingers. This reminds us to pray for our politicians and leaders. The ring finger is the weakest finger, which represents the sick, the poor, the lost. The pinky is last but not least. This represents us, so we are to remember our own needs, pray for own blessings, etc.

I thought this was a fabulous way to pray. And it helps you remember more people in your prayers. I used this method this morning, and it totally worked. Try it out sometime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually have read this before. It IS a wonderful way to pray.

Scorps1027 said...

wow, look at all the wonderful, informative things your mother picks up from the television. my mother just tells me plotlines from surya soap operas or how many pts the stock market is up or down.