Wednesday, June 29, 2005

a quick vocab lesson...

I'm heading to Houston in just a day, and I will be bonding with my 17 year old cousin there. Love her as I might...she speaks another language, which I'm not quite familiar with. It is called "ebonics." To prep myself for her, I decided I better become fluent in some of the more key ebonic words. I thought those of you who are not fluent in this language might like to learn with me...so here it goes.

G's-
WIT (what I thought)- the letter in the alphabet before H or perhaps thousand dollar bills
WII (what it is)-dis be short fo gangstas!

Oh snap!
WIT- something you do to a snazzy song
WII-dis what you say when you see somethin schmoove.

schmoove
WIT-what you do when someone is sitting next to you on a crowded couch. you schmoove over
WII-dis be somethin das juss bad ass!

Cristal
WIT- my galpal in Missouri or something my beads are made of
WII-dis what dey drink on MTV cribs!

axe
WIT-the instrument that Paul Bunyon cut trees down with
WII-dis be da word you use when yo inquirin'

cap
WIT-a hat to cover your head on sunny days
WII-what will bust in yo ass if you step off

peeps
WIT- the marshmellow easter candies
WII- utha gangstas

grill
WIT-the thing you cook steaks on
WII-dis be yo teeth, foo!

crackaz
WIT-the flaky, squares I eat with cheese
WII- otha foos that ain't gangstas

ice-
WIT- the cold cubes that float around in water
WII- dis be yo diamonds and gold and shii

Fotys-
WIT-this is the time of life when you're over the hill
WII-drinks like gin and juice

Well, after that quick vocab lesson...I think i'm good to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAA
most EXCELLENT SISTER! you quick on the dumb hot lingo;) btw dumb hot = really cool

kovoor36 said...

you are crazy!! i have been lazy abt posting in both floblo land, but i could not help it on this one!! it was hilarious!! have a great trip!!!!:)