Friday, October 07, 2005

> : /

word of the day:
onus \OH-nuhs\, noun:
1. A burden; an obligation; a disagreeable necessity.
2. a: A stigma. b: Blame.
3. The burden of proof

Sentence of the day: The onus of repairs is stressing me out.

I'm leaving in a few hours, and I should be in a good mood. But, instead, I'm so grumpy. If someone looks at me wrong...I'm gonna mentally jump down their throats! Everything in my friggin house is falling apart RIGHT NOW. So of course, my mom thinks I need to be at home finding repair men or accompanying her to buy this new crap instead of traveling. God forbid she take care of that on her own. So now I know...beyond a doubt...that with everything broken around the house, she'll have nothing to do about sit and stew about how i abandoned her in her hour of need.

Earlier this week it was the water heater. I was sitting at work...minding my own business when I got a crazed phone call from her..."water is coming out...heat...water...heater...water heater!" apparently the water heater erupted and spewed a load of water into the garage. Remaining calm, i advised her to open the garage, and back out the car while i called the plummer. meanwhile...she should find a neighbor to help her turn off the water. i called the plummer and what did she do? well, instead of taking my advice she calss 911. what do they tell her? CALL A PLUMBER. After a day/night with out water...that is now finally fixed.

Today...I get another call. "the TV is finally gone." For months our TV has been seriously jacked. The picture was so messed up that I didn't even know who actors were unless I could tell by their voices. So, I called a few TV repairmen...all of which said it'd be a lot of time and money...and we'd be better off buying a new one? I suggested my mom take care of this this weekend since she is retired and would be so bored with out a tv. But...is she going to listen? nope. why? she needs me to go with her.

I'm quite sure that between now and the time I leave the stove which has been jacked for the past year...(one of 4 burners now work) will also break. So she'll be with out TV and food...and I can feel guilty for the next 2 days while I'm on my mini-vacation.

As if that's not bad enough..I HAVE A PAPER JAM NOW!

No comments: