Friday, October 21, 2005

lexicon \LEK-suh-kon\, noun;
plural lexicons or lexica \-kuh\:
1. A book containing an alphabetical arrangement of the words in a language with the definition of each; a dictionary.
2. The vocabulary of a person, group, subject, or language.
3. [Linguistics] The total morphemes of a language.

Sentence: The kids in my church have a distinct lexicon that outsiders do not understand.

TGIF!!! I made it...survived another week. There is a cool, crisp feel in the air, which means that Fall has finally fallen upon Okc. I'm elated.

I will take Scorpsy's lead once again with the 55 words of fiction. I had a good time doing it on Anna's post for Sepia.

The city lights shone brightly through the haze of rain and fog, neither of which could slow the pace of life. People hurried on foot while cars waited impatiently for lights to turn colors. My eyes followed them intently, until I looked away from the photograph and hesitantly returned to my mind-numbing tasks at work.

So that was fun. Now for Friday's shoutoutz:

To the bastards who broke into my car...thank you for making me spend 115 useless bucks on your stupidity. You broke into a car that doesn't even have a CD player, CDs or anything else valuable except a brownie pan!

To Mousse..for charming me with her cute lil self. Now my mind is riddled with confusion as I decide whether I should get her or not. Sorry CCL, but I'm 98% sure I will.

To SunuK for admitting she took the remote control with her to school. You're the ONLY person who made me laugh today.

To Jennifer Weiner for writing a book that held my attention for a solid week! That's the first book I've read within a week's time since my old college days of Literature. Now I'm excited to see the movie!

To discovering what a mimosa is...I can't wait to try it.

To weekends and all the nothingness they possess!

3 comments:

DM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DM said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kovoor36 said...

haha yay for nothinness weekends!!:)