Thursday, October 06, 2005

Happy Birthday Dear Sue Aunty...

word of the day:
sempiternal \sem-pih-TUR-nuhl\, adjective:
Of never ending duration; having beginning but no end; everlasting; endless.

Sentence: Today I stop to think about life and realize it is not a sempiternal cycle of events and happenings, so I must cherish what each day has to offer.

Man, that sentence made me laugh. It was cheesy and dramatic..just the way I like it. I'm 31 today. Am I enjoying it? Not so much. Being 30 is kind of fun. It's a "special" birthday...30's kind of a hip age although I whined and moaned about turning 30 also. But 31? Man, I've crossed all lines of hip and cool. I'm just old now. O-L-D old. On the bright side...(I'm searching REALLY hard to find a bright side)...I came to work to find a delicious cookie cake on my desk, along with a very cute picture frame(bought specifically to hold a picture from my fantabulous weekend in nyc), and I had many calls this morning from my vonderful friends. It all began at 11 pm y'day when Sheryl did her ritual birthday call honoring EST since I claim to be born in New York. This morning the birthday calls continued from my 3 BF's...Billy, BF(Sonia), and Sherry. Sherry's call was extraspecially sweet because I said Hello and her two little ones, Gabe and Abby (2 and 1) sang me their rendition of "Happy Birthday Dear Sue Aunty." It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard(challenge to CCL to get Ethan and Lauren to sing me a duet!) Anyhoo, so although birthdays suck because of the getting older aspect, the acts of "beneficience" are most enjoyable. Oh..oh...not to mention...NYC TRIP IS A LITTLE OVER 24 HOURS AWAY!!---yeehaw!

After going down memory lane with Sheryl a bit yesterday...and listening to her wheeze and laugh like a hyena with an ocassional pot belly pig snort here and there...I realized that life so far has had its definite downs and disappointments...but i've also had a good time along the way...lots of things to look back at fondly and crack up about. ;)

3 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

your life is a blessing! sorry i sound like a fortune cookie...but dont feel old, YOU'RE NOT!!! Wait till we hit 50.

kovoor36 said...

you have plenty to laugh and smile abt! shouldnt be dreading quite yet! and sibil is right, after 50, then we will talk old, until then, lets jus trelax and enjoy;)

daycruz said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE! You're 31??? Man...
did I mention I'm 19? So when I was born... you were 12.. crazy..