Thursday, October 20, 2005

I needed a tocsin, indeed!

word of the day:
tocsin \TOCK-sin\, noun:
1. An alarm bell, or the ringing of a bell for the purpose of alarm.
2. A warning.

sentence: If only I had installed a tocsin in my car, which would have alerted me of last night's intrusion.


I heard them last night...the loud thump of bass in their car, the doors shutting, and their sounds of motion in my driveway. I thought it was my overactive imagination getting the best of me. I closed my eyes, and I could see the legs of the "others" walking through the jungle, dragging Walt's teddy bear along with them. I almost felt as if I was in the jungle too, creeping beneath the plush green leaves...watching breathlessly as they passed. I opened my eyes and convinced myself that I wasn't hearing what I thought I was hearing. I was just letting my mind scare me because I had watched a freaky episode of Lost.

So, while I convinced myself of this...they shot out the window and unlocked my car door. They pilfered through my things, opened my glove box, and undoubtedly thought, "damn...this girl is messy." They didn't steal anything except my comfort and trust.

I got to my car this morning and noticed the driver's side door slightly ajar and a window was shot out. Upon opening the door, I noticed that things were not as I had left them. My heart nearly stopped when I saw the garage door opener still in its' place. For a brief moment, I thought of what all could have happened...and stopped and thanked God for his protection. I then called the only person I knew who would know what to do.

Upon Billy's advice, I called the cops. I'm waiting for them to call me back and take a criminal report. Nothing was stolen, but it just feels weird. Someone was in my car. Someone was touching my things. Someone was thinking "damn this girl is messy"...and it's not someone I know.

3 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

That is scary! But you're right in saying it could have been worse, but let's all let out a collective sigh and Praise God, it wasn't. It's such a horrible feeling to know that someone was riling through your things. Mythoughts n prayers are with you Suevee!

DM said...

Susan,

I'm also saddened by this incident but sure hope you learned a lesson as to not leave your Garage opener in your car when it's parked outside. :-)

kovoor36 said...

holy crap, im so sorry to hear that your car was broken into! Thank God it wasnt as bad as it could have been. i will be sure to say a prayer tonite thanking Him for keeping you and your mom safe. and when i park on the street, my garage door opener is clearly visible, maybe i should remove it when it when im outside the garage, thanks DM!!

p.s. on a totally different tangent, you thought lost was good last nite??? somethign needs to happen! im so frustrated!! and not on again for 3 weeks??? what the eff is that????