Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Scary Stories that'll give you the creepy crawlies...

bruit \BROOT\, transitive verb:
To report; to noise abroad.

Sentence: Since Halloween is near,it seems as if ghost stories are being bruited every time I turn on the radio.

I guess the last few weeks of October bring out people's interest in hearing ghost and goblin tales. Lately, it's all I've been hearing a ton of them on local radio stations. Listeners call in with their own tales or they vehemently proclaim that there are no such thing as ghosts. I'm not sure how you guys feel about the subject. But, personally...I believe ghosts are evil/tortured spirits. I'm too scared to watch the movie Emily Rose because it's a true story, and i know there is truth in demon possession. Some people argue that the demon possessed are crazy, but satan and his cronies do roam the earth...it's their stomping grounds. I guess I tend to believe it more because I've seen demon possessed people with my own eyes. And trust me when I say, it was FRIGHTENING.

I've also experienced ghosts. Let me tell you the first tale. I used to sleep with some sort of music on...I would play the same song over and over on repeat until I woke up in the morning. One night I selected the remix of the song "Sailing"...I believe Chris Christopherson was the originally singer, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, my point is..the song was sung by a man and the remix was also sung by a man. In the morning, I awoke to a woman singing the song. It was so loud...it sounded like she was outside my window. At times, she forgot the words so she kinda hummed along. I looked out the window, but no one was there. I sat in bed, fully awake, and listened for a while as she sang (out of pitch) and hummed along. Finally I realized just how creepy it was, so I turned off the song...and she stopped.

Another ghost story I have was when I went to Washington DC in March of 2004. We stayed at a hotel that had 2 wings. One was very old and historic and then the new, modern wing. We stayed at the new, modern end, but ghosts can walk. So, I was in bed with my arms hanging off the side, and I hadn't fully gone to sleep yet. I felt someone tugging on my arm. A bit freaked out, I tucked my arm under my cover, and tried to go to sleep. I wanted to tell my mom, but I knew she'd run out of the room, bang on my sister's door, and cause a big scene. As I lay there, trying to sleep, I felt like someone was climbing on top of me. It was such a heavy feeling. And whoever/whatever it was had my mouth covered. I couldn't even open my mouth. So I kind of let out a weak moan/growl for help. My mom heard, and asked me what was wrong. Instantly...the heaviness was removed from me. I quickly covered my head with the sheets and fell asleep praying. It was so frrr to the eaky!

So those are my two ghost and goblin stories. Do you believe in spirits? Do you have a story?? If so, please share!

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

man, that is freaky!! i would have screamed so loud and gone into your sister's room too! unless you are pulling my leg, which is easy to do!! i do believe in spirits and even ghosts, though i havent had any close encounters of my own.

DM said...

Susan,

That is indeed freaky. You are a far braver soul than I!!

Anonymous said...

are you sure it wasn't YOU that was singing out of pitch? muahah :)