Sunday, October 30, 2005

The MU and the TV

I accomplished the one thing that I set out to do this weekend...buy a new tv. I will no longer be forced to watch distorted green people or listen to my mother's constant complaining about the tv not working. Or so I thought...So, Friday night the Maternal Unit (which we will refer to as the MU) and I went TV shopping. We went to 3 different stores before we found one that we liked that was reasonably priced. We buy it (no interest till 2007) and bring it home. Yes, I lug the tv out of the back seat and drag it into the house...only to see that the idiot from the circuit city warehouse gave us the wrong tv. so guess who had to wake up early on Saturday to drag the tv back into the car and drive it back to the store? You guessed it...

After the whole tv mix up was rectified, I called Billy over to help me move the old monstrosity of a TV. However, there was one slight problem...my mother has no intention of trashing it. Instead, she wants to keep it in her room, where it will sit and collect dust for the next 20 years. As if storing a dead tv isn't bad enough, she went nutso on me because I threw away the manual to the old tv. I tried to argue the point with her...it's USELESS to keep a manual to a tv that is dead. However she insists that "someone" might want to fix it one day. Who this "someone" is...I have no idea. But if i ever meet him/her...i will tell him/her not to be dumb and spend thousands of dollars fixing a dead tv when they can spend the same thousands on a brand new one that is high definition!

As for the peace I thought I would be enjoying now that there is nothing to complain about. That is non-existent. Now, the MU is searching through sales ads to seek out better TV deals so she can complain that we got swindled on an over priced tv. as we speak I hear her saying that circuit city is now running a special that is no interest till 2008. Ahhh...the joy never ends..i tell ya.

2 comments:

tyna said...

i caught your blog off dippu:
this sounds all too familiar, we finally got a new tv, but the old one that weighs 4 tons, encased in some sort of faux-press wood and has knobs that adjust the colour, is still with us, my parents don't want to part with it.

kovoor36 said...

but, at least you can WATCH lost as well as hear it when it finally comes back!!!!:) p.s. thanx for mentioning fall back in your previous post! i totally had forgot!!:)