Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Weak and Heavy Laden...

word of the day:
inchoate \in-KOH-it\, adjective:
1. In an initial or early stage; just begun.
2. Imperfectly formed or formulated

Sentence: I'm beginning to question my inchoate decision.

I have a headache. I just got back from a little excursion to go find BC's car at the airport. On the way back, I rolled my windows down in my car and decided to enjoy the last day of warm weather before the cold front rolls in. The music was blaring and the wind was whipping around my crazy curls when all of a sudden I smelled the faint odor of burning rubber. It was as if someone had hit my panic button. Suddenly I remembered how my tire needed to be changed urgently, and I shouldn't be driving on the highway with my car. And where was I? ON THE HIGHWAY. I pulled over to inspect my tire...and my friend "Hoo" was driving down the highway just about that time and saw me pulled over. He frantically came to a screeching halt on the side of the road, jumped out, and said "well, hootie...what the hell happened?" I started blubbering about burning rubber, bad tires, and somewhere in there threw in an "I'm scared." That's all he needed to hear...he told me to follow him and then proceeded to air up my tire. All the while he was lecturing me about how I desperately need a set of new tires, something about tread, and wearing away. I hateeeeeeeee car problems. I know, I know...girls can do anything boys can do. But this girl can't deal with car issues...so the thought of going to get four new tires has increased my blood pressure and the overall pressure within my head. wah, wah, wah.

No comments: