Wednesday, October 05, 2005

word of the day:
beneficence \buh-NEFF-i-suhns\, noun:
1. The practice of doing good; active goodness, kindness, or charity.
2. A charitable gift or act

Sentence: I need a random act of beneficence to get me through this day.

After six years of waiting for an opening to become available in the department of my dreams, I ended up not getting hired for the job. I was told that I was one of the top two choices, which doesn't make me feel any better about the rejection. Why wasn't i the # 1 choice? Because the other person had better accounting skills...who knew that'd be so necessary in creative services?

To say that i'm completely crushed and heart broken is an understatement. I'm currently choking on the ball of emotions that's lodged in my throat. I'm looking forward to the lunch hour when I can unleash my tears and mourn properly in the confines of my car.

Do you ever feel like you're chasing your own tail? I feel like that...Actually, I can't remember a time when I haven't felt like that. Sometimes I just want to stand outside, look up into the sky with my arms extended and scream..."WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?" I know, I know...think happy thoughts...NYC...yah, yah...Flog meet up...right, right...I'll be happy. I'm just not happy AT ALL right now.

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

im sorry you didnt get that job, maybe something better will come along?? God doesnt close one door without opening another?? cheer up!