Monday, October 17, 2005

Me and Mousse...

word of the day:
aberrant \a-BERR-unt; AB-ur-unt\, adjective:
Markedly different from an accepted norm; Deviating from the ordinary or natural type; abnormal.

sentence: Sometimes I feel as if I have aberrant personality when comparing myself to those around me.

Well, it's Monday again. I spent some time in prayer before I got ready for work this week, and I told God I couldn't take one more week of the rat race. I told him that this week, I needed to see a light at the end of my tunnel, an open door, a cracked window...something. I believe He will hear my prayers.

Other than that, this weekend was uneventful. I overslept/chickened out of the race. I know, I'm a loser as my CCL repetitively told me on Saturday. I'm very aware. I should have just tried, but I felt a bit unprepared since I didn't run much last week. I will work harder this week and aim for a run sometime this spring. Instead, I spent the weekend tending to 2911 matters, which is what I'll be doing from now till November 19th.

I got an email from Fins today, informing me that Mousse was born this weekend. She has 9 brothers and sisters...she had 11, but 2 died. I'm going to go see her some time this week, when she's strong enough to open her eyes. Hopefully the Maternal Unit will come along and be smitten by her...and thus, unable to say no to her. I had a long talk with my neighbor who agrees that a chocolate lab would be a great addition to the family since they make really good watch dogs. I really hope my plan succeeds...I'm already thinking of the fun Mousse and I will have...the long walks, the games of catch, and watching Lost together. Fun times...Mousse will be my companion and my BF...she will help me hate on the dog whose name rhymes with Hoco. Me and Mousse...I love it.

In other news...I'm nearly done with new book I'm reading. I plan to go see the movie version with the kid cousins this week...they wil be on Fall Break. Geez, fall break, spring break, christmas break, thanksgiving break...i don't think these kids do enough work to necessitate all these breaks! But, I could sure use one once in a while!

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

hehe, good luck with your mom and mousse!! and be more confident!! im sure you would have been fine for the race, but defly make sure you do it in the spring! im rooting for you!:)