Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall...(and i don't mean the season)

word of the day:
votary \VOH-tuh-ree\, noun:
1. One who is devoted, given, or addicted to some particular pursuit, subject, study, or way of life.
2. A devoted admirer.
3. A devout adherent of a religion or cult.
4. A dedicated believer or advocate.

Sentence:
I'm a votary of the show Lost.

Tuesday. Day 2. I have already screwed up majorly this week by forgetting my good friend Billy's birthday until 11 pm last night when it dawned on me. I wish there was a way to make it up to him. But alas, the only thing I can do is to publically say I am a wretch! Hopefully he will find it somewhere in his big heart to forgive me.

Other than my royal mess up for the week...I also already made a royal fool of myself for the week. I was walking back to the building from lunch with my nose in a book. Somehow my foot got caught in my pant leg since my pants are always so long, and I went crashing to the ground. This girl came running to my aid, which merely embarrassed me more. I tried to cover it up with comments like..."perhaps that knocked some much needed sense into me." The wounds I suffered are as follows: a bruised shoulder along with a strawberry..or is it called a raspberry? whatever...my shoulder is black/blue and red....a small raspberry/strawberry on my cheek, a scraped knee, and a new pair of pants that are nearly torn at the knee. lovely..i know!

The sad news for the day is that I'm completely re-thinking Mousse. CCL emailed me AND called me pleading with me to heed her warnings. Apparently Labs need lots of attention and are extremely playful, which CCL thinks does not match up with my personality. She believes I will end up getting annoyed with the dog and neglecting it, which will make the dog misbehave and start digging holes, in turn pissing my mom off...she will then kill me and Mousse. I'm afraid CCL didn't paint a pretty picture...so now I'm beginning to wonder. Perhaps I should re-think my position on this and research this whole dog thing a bit more. I will go see the pups though...and I will fall in love with Mousse and be broken hearted...that's for sure.

That's all for now...maybe more later...

3 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

as the resident floblo klutz, i can only tell you, when you fall down, you just gotta get up, brush it off and act like nothign happened. (case in point: sat.nite's walk over to punch & my insane fall).

as a former 13-year dog owner, i can see they are A LOT of work and require lots and lots of attention. My parents were ready to kill me several times b/c my siblings and I were neglecting the dog and they were picking up slack. But it was all worth it when he used to lay his head on my lap and sigh:)

kovoor36 said...

labs do require alot of attention, but at he same token, they give tons of affection! if you see lil mousse, you know you are not leaving empty handed!!!!

DM said...

who the heck is CCL??