Friday, October 14, 2005

Word of the day:
sinecure \SY-nih-kyur; SIN-ih-\, noun:
An office or position that requires or involves little or no responsibility, work, or active service.

Sentence:
The work I did last year at the branch office was sinecure, which is why the office shut down.

Ahh it's Friday...the sweetest day of the week. And, 4: 45 will be the sweetest time of the sweetest day of the week. I really need to do something about the rat race...I feel it sucking the life blood out of me. I have resorted to only appreciating one moment in time in the entire work week...and that, my friends...is sad.

No time to dwell on the sadder aspects of my life. Today is Friday!...and thus, I have to do my shoutouts..or shoutout, I should say...I only have one...and that goes to...

DM for providing me with another funny/funky,fresh blog to read when I'm bored.

Other than that I'd like to talk about the "issues" in my life right now. My friend Fin told me her co-worker is selling labs. The mom is a blonde...and the dad is a chocolate. I've been really wanting a chocolate lab. I know if my CCL reads this she will say I'm uncapabale of caring for a dog. She's right...I'm not much of a pet person. But I do love big dogs...I hate tiny ones that names rhyme with Poco. Anyhoo, I'm hoping for two things...that my mother will agree to having this dog share her abode. Secondly, I'm really hoping that a chocolate lab will be in the mix. If so, I will name him/her Mousse. Get it?? Chocolate Mousse. =) If not, I might settle for a blonde and name her Brooklyn...after NY of course. ;)

The next issue is tomorrow's 5k. I'm not ready for it. This was supposed to be a prep run for the DC race. However, that has been canceled...apparently a family that doesn't blog together doesn't jog together either. (our site is dying!) So now...I'm running this race and I am wondering if I'll even make it through alive! Please cross your fingers for me!!

I saw the cutest shirt on fossil.com this was a part of my one purchase a month to become a more fashionable sue! but for some nutty reason my CC address doesn't match up with the address i gave them despite the fact it's exactly the same!...thus i can't buy the shirt. I'm totally bummed, but i guess it's a sign that perhaps i shouldn't buy it since I bought a shirt at h&m this month. =/

Last but not least...2911. For those of you who don't know...2911 is the name of the play I wrote for our youth fellowship (OPYF). Last year, DM was the president of the youth fellowship and I got suckered into helping out with things all throughout the year. It was totally killing what little social life I had so I vowed that I wasn't going to be as involved this year. So much for that. I find that most of my weekends and weekdays for that matter are scheduled around play practices and such. Y'day was the first practice I atteneded and I was quite blown away by these kids. I wanted to pass out oscars. They are doing a phenominal job. Unfortunately, I will miss the final presentation because I'll be in the Bahamas...which completely sucks. It was really awesome to see them performing words I'd written. I can't wait to see it all come together...unfortunately, I'll have to settle for the DVD version.

Have a wonderful weekend guys!

3 comments:

Jen said...

number 5. Friday is a great day. Good luck with the dog. Sometimes they learn to care for themselves. Youth groups are great.

daycruz said...

You're fired from the position you never had at dippu.com. Have a good day. :)

kovoor36 said...

how did the run go?? i hope you rocked!!:)