Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I love daylight savings time in the evening, but it's hard to get up in the morning when it's still dark. I was visited last night by carpenter ants...they decide to grace our home with their presence in my closet nonetheless. After removing every article of clothing from the closet, I sealed up my room for the night and slept in the guest room, where I tossed and turned till the wee hours of the morning. So, I'm tired today...but not too tired to call Terminix first thing today. I want those ants out of my life ASAP! Little did I know that I'd become best friends with the Terminix guy, who happens to be a very proud Lab owner as well.

Speaking of best friends...mine has totally decided to betray me by going to NYC without me. I guess she didn't really have a choice since she's there for work. It's so odd how things work out...Sonia isn't a big New York fan at all...and then there's me...yet she gets a job that requires her to go there for training often...and I get stuck in OKC of all places.

Oklahoma of all places is where CCL and her family are vacationing this year. I have to snicker about that...I wish I could say that they are coming to visit me, but short of deaths, weddings, or hospital stays...no one comes to visit me. They'll be about 4 hours away from me kicking up their heels in some cabin. I'd like to go up for a visit, but must find out if work and my clunker CRV will permit the trip. ;)

Last, but not least...I lost a pound today! that makes 2.5 pounds lost in the past 2 weeks. it's so good to see the poundage go down again...until the next plateau! i was pretty relieved I lost despite my trip with the kids to Incredible Pizza and making a very fatty dinner the other night that consisted of Chicken Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes and homemade gravy. I'm seriously getting a big head about my cooking. They say that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach...but I tried that...and apparently that doesn't work either!

2 comments:

happy roy said...

i can't speak for any men, but you can win my love with that dinner! i LOVE chicken fried steak even tho it's soo bad for you...actually i like chicken fried chicken better...but i'll take either! you can fed ex it over any day you want. ;)

kovoor36 said...

agreed again with julie... im a sucker for a good meal anytime! congrats on the 2.5 lbs! i gained 2.5 this month!:(