Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Well, my lunch with Julie was enjoyable due to her company but highly unproductive due to me. Unfortunately Chokelahoma doesn't have an Ann Taylor Loft, so I was stuck with Ann Taylor. I nearly swallowed my tongue and convulsed while looking at their prices. I quickly scurried off to the back of the stores where the sales are located...no dice. I needed a sale for the sale items. =/ Not to mention, the sale stuff is always size 2, which is clearly not my size.

Next I was off to Dillards...the Macy's equivalent for you East Coasters. I tried on a few suits...And here's my problem. I'm not porportioned correctly. If a skirt fits, then I need a jacket that is like ten sizes larger. I'm skinnier from the hip bone down than I am from the hip up, which purposes serious problems when clothes hunting.

Before I completely throw in the towel on this little search, I'm going to try a few more stores tonight...the Illustrious Finuji and SunuA both have a few things they think might fit, which I highly doubt...and after all that fails...well, I'll just be screwed. =/

In other news, I've formulated a zit during this stressful suitable suit search. I wish i had more time, but i've got exactly 6 hours to come up with a suit that fits perfectly before I leave tomorrow. And in the midst of the sheer anxiety is a whole lotta excitement. =)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

at ann taylor (though expensive) you can mix and match suit tops and bottoms (sizes). if you think you'll be going to other interviews within the year i'd invest in a good one--it's worth it.

Anonymous said...

g'luck poo!!!!

Anonymous said...

first of all - i didnt get to say congrats yet on getting that interview!:) i'll be praying that you do well there suevee;)
second of all - yeah, if you don't find any suits that fit elsewhere, i guess one from ann taylor would be an investment considering you'll use it again in the future? i have your same dilemma girl, diff sizes top and bottom!

Anonymous said...

good luck with your interview, sue! i'm sure you'll do great! i'm much smaller on top than bottom so i have similar problems. if you can't find any other suits than the one at ann taylor, i say go for it. i agree it's an investment and you'll exude more confidence knowing you look good!

kovoor36 said...

i also say even if its a lil more, it will be worth it when you in tx making big bucks:)

cookiemonsta said...

How'd the interview go? I expect a long post tomorrow w/ all the details :)