Monday, April 17, 2006

So much to say...so little time...

Wow, I've got three days of "stuff" to talk about today, but I've only got a few minutes to catch up the blog before I have to do some actual work. *bleh*

so this is my suit...i finally got one the day before I left for dallas. thanks to julie and finu for their patience as they helped me suit shop. finz and i finally found one at kohls and it turned out pretty alright...although i still don't believe i'm a suit person. wednesday night was just a fiasco, first i couldn't find my credit card to buy my suit, and then i get a call from the mother stating she ripped the front bumper off her car, so i wouldn't be able to drive it down to dallas. luckily, both situations were taken care of and I was able to get to texas safely and soundly.

i really could feel everyone's prayers with me. it was probably one of the first times in my life that I drove all around the place and didn't get lost once. ccl and alex were surprised that i never called to ask them for directions either. i really felt God's grace with me and it was a really nice feeling.

the job interviews went quite well. both had testing, but i survived and now must sit around and wait for 2 weeks, which is when both jobs stated that they would let me know. all my practicing came in handy...so thanks, mattie for making sure i was prepared. if i get either job, i will move. if i get both jobs, i will have a really hard decision ahead of me. one is an investment in the future with very little reward right now...the other is everything i need right now with a possibility of investment in the future. please continue to pray for me, because i know there is power in prayers...i def'ly felt it last week.

my trip to dallas was short, but sweet. at least i got to ccl and family one more time before they move off to houston...i took some cute pictures of the kids, but mousse ate a very essential cord that plugs the camera to the computer, so until that's replaced...i had to borrow pics from CCL and my camera phone.
while i spent the afternoon in a car waiting around for my interview (too scared to roam to far away from the location in fear of getting lost!!) ccl and family went to the "R-burrito" as ethan calls it...where they took pics among the beautiful flowers. i loved how this one turned out, so I thought I'd post it! ;)
Later, after the interviews, I got to the house and gave the kiddos an easter basket. unfortunately, all the chocolate was melted. Ethan amused me by trying on the funky sunglasses i got the kids. lauren wasn't too amused by hers.

Speaking of little "wo-wen"/baby sistah...she is officially a year old! Her birthday was Saturday, but due to my insane weekend, I was unable to do a birthday shoutout for this lil' cutie pie. happy birthday little lauren...suevee aunty loves you to pieces!

Last but not least...SunuA. We had her send-off dinner on Friday. I rushed back from Dallas and bought decor and made chicken curry for the party. i was rushing around like crazy and ended up falling in my house and injuring my knee. =/ it was such a crazy day, but all went well. i took some really cute pictures, but unfortunately, they are being held hostage inside my camera until i get a new cord. =/

Sunday I went back to dallas to take sunu to DFW for her flight to india. luckily sheryl agreed to come with so my trip back with her folks wouldn't be so boring. although, she did require me to be her personal slave for the day. that lasted for all of 5 minutes...and then things returned to the way they should be...with me laying in the back with my feet propped up on her lap. =) ahahahah...anyway, sunu's on her way...safe and sound...and i will update you all as i get updates!

thanks to all of you who prayed for me, checked in on me, helped me shop, and helped me prepare...please keep me in your prayers for the next two weeks. moving is a HUGE deal...and I really just want to go if it's God's will.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

do u have any pics of you wearing the suit? i want to see it on you!
and i cant wait to hear the praise reports about ur new job!

kovoor36 said...

im so happy everything went well in tx!! still praying for things to go your way!! p.s. those kids are too cute! the one of lil lauren?? i could eat her up!!:)

Anonymous said...

very glad to hear the interviews went well and that you had some good quality family time :)

Soulsysta said...

*hugs*
so happy - thrilled actually.
you deserve pure unadultrated goodness suse and trust me - it's on the way.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

gosh sue, i'm so happy to hear that your interview went well;) you've been waiting for a bit for a new job, i pray that this door might be opened for you if its Gods will:) take care hun, i havent talkd to u forever! i'm gonna hafta attack you on IM next time i see you on there!