Thursday, April 27, 2006

Today we lay his body to rest...but I'm sure his soul is dancing with the angels...

My mom said it best when reading an article about John in Thursday's paper..."He was a light." Someone who didn't know him could tell that just by an article...

I struggled with whether or not I should go to the viewing and see John one last time...since the funeral today will be closed. I wanted to perserve the memory I had of him in my mind...vivacious and expressive. I didn't want my mind to be clouded with the memory of seeing him lifeless. However, I thought attending the viewing would make it more easy to accept the reality that he's gone. So, I went... I know that the John I saw in that room was not really John. It was a shell of a man whose soul is now in heaven. It was his life that was beautiful...

So in honor of his life...


John at one of our picnics in the parking lot...hanging out in the dunk tank!

John in his plaid Christmas pants...just being his silly self!

Jo and John in a potato sack race! How many presidents of companies do you know that'd be in a potatoe sack race?

John learning how to do the chicken dance!

Chef John...volunteering his time to the United Way...just one of the many organizations he devoted his time and energy to.

7 comments:

Soulsysta said...

*___* right back at ya kid!

cookiemonsta said...

it seems like he lived a great life. May his soul rest in peace.

Was he your boss?

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful man...i'm so glad you were able to know him...it sounds like people were blessed to have him in their lives

Anonymous said...

He seems like he was a wonderful man who left some amazing footprints in a lot of hearts :) I'll be praying for you, SueVee. I hope you, and all those that loved him find peace during all of this.

Anonymous said...

poo, i read the article that you referred to in the blog...it was a great tribute to him =)

Scorps1027 said...

im sorry for your loss:/ he sounded like a wonderful man and a great boss! i know he'll be missed. what an example of how a CEO should be, rather, how a human being in general should be. i'm glad to hear he lived life to the fullest!!!

kovoor36 said...

a greta man who lived a good life. all those around him were as blessed as he was.