Friday, April 07, 2006

i'm not a poet. but, when i read good poetry (like john's), i get totally inspired. however, it doesn't really matter how inspired i get because i still suck at it. i guess it's just not my forte. when you tell people you write, they think you can write everything...poems, essays, stories, articles. but there's certain things i suck at...poetry being one and journalistic stories being the other.

however, i do have a poetry section on my website because it is something I strive to get better at. So, today...I thought I would share a poem with you.

IT WILL ALL BE OKAY

"It will all be okay."
I hear that from time to time each day.
I think it's just a phrase...
that people say when they think you're going through a phase.

But what if the problem isn't momentary?
What if it has pricked your soul and made you wary?

Then you need something more than a simple phrase.
You need something that will help you find your way through the maze.
Perhaps a smile... Not a passing grin, but one that is sincere and lasts for a while.
Or a hug... Not just a pat on a shoulder, but one that reaches your heart strings and tugs.
Maybe even a kiss... Not a quick peck, but one that reminds you of pure bliss.

So maybe you won't be okay.
I'm not the one who can truly say.
But, I can tell you there are always highs and lows.
And that is just the way it goes.
You can't appreciate the good things in life...
If you haven't ever dealt with a little strife.
Enjoy what you are given each day...
And then maybe you'll find that you really are okay!

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

nice, you should defly explore your poetry side more, they are great!:)

Anonymous said...

poetry shmoetry

Had to leave the hate since you been hating on my site!

BAH!

cookiemonsta said...

i liked it sue.. i can understand it rather than everyone else's mumbo jumbo :)