Monday, August 14, 2006

Before I forget...a special belated b-day wish goes out to Ashley. I heard about Jessy's plans for your big day. Hope you had fun. May God's blessings be upon you this year!

I visited a church this weekend, and the series that pastor was discussing yesterday was called "My Secret Sins." The church has set up a website www.mysecretsins.tv , where people can go in and confess their sins. At first, I thought that was a weird idea. But, after looking at the site, I realized that it is really benefical and seems to be reaching thousands of people. I guess sometimes, it is a relief to just voice the secrets that you hide...see them in print...and know that others are reading it and praying for you.

Some people deny the power of satan and his presence on earth. People assume that the sins people commit and bad decisions people make are all based upon their own choices. I agree to an extent. Yes, we do have the ultimate decision between wrong and right and the wisdom to know the difference. But, we shouldn't overlook the temptor. I think I've stated this on my blog before...but the #1 thing that God gives us is HOPE....hope for everlasting life, hope that he has a plan for us, hope that we will lead victorious lives. Satan does his best to remove this hope...because once this is removed...we are weak and vulnerable. Knowing this, Satan uses whatever our weaknesses are to tempt us, and pull us away from God.

After reading through the website, I realized that no one lives a perfect life. We all have areas of weaknesses and imperfections...at times it's overwhelming to consider how good and perfect God is...and it leaves me wondering how I can achieve holiness. But, then I realized that I've completely overlooked His grace...His grace is sufficient for me. I deserve no earthly blessings...and certainly do not deserve heavenly ones, but it his grace that takes my holiness (which is but filthy rags to Him) and makes it truly holy and acceptable. This doesn't mean it's okay to fall into temptation...but it does mean, that if I do fall...there is one who will pick me up out of it. If I confess it with my lips and ask Him to remove me from it...It will be removed...there's no way that my strength can be a match for Satan's strength...that's only a battle that God can fight. I guess it's just important to know that God has set you apart...He has a plan, and the devil is bound and determined to keep you from it...knowing that, draw from the grace of God to help you face and conquer your temptations...

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

interesting. im checking out this site now!

Anonymous said...

uhhh, sue...its www.mysecret.tv

Anonymous said...

THANK you sheryl...i kept trying the website, saying, "WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING?!" =)