Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The sun was hiding behind the clouds this morning...and I could sense dread in the air. It was a typical "first-day-of-school" morning. My drive to work was forced to slow down by school zone lights. The radio dj's were interviewing kids who were on their way to school. Most of them sounded excited about going back, hanging out with friends, and wearing new clothes. I was suddenly caught in a flash back...........picture this...It was August, 1991....the first day of school my senior year. I loved highschool. I loved it more on this day because it was my senior year, and finally we were the top dawgs! I had to get up at 6 and be at school by 7 because of band practice. yes, i was a band geek. I wanted to be different that year, so I set aside my clarinet and decided to play the cymbals for the marching band that year. could i be any cooler? I put on my coolest threads...and went to pick up one of the neighbord kids who was a mere junior with no car. I was so excited about driving my car to school, that I gunned it through the neighborhood...and when I pulled up in his drive way, I forgot to slow down, and ended up hitting the back of his mom's Suburban. =/ Fortunately, nothing happened to either car...so I didn't bother reporting it to him or his mom....=/

Ahhh...the memories. I started thinking about what exactly I did in high school....and I decided I could write a book about my high school experiences...called "the cowboys and the little Indian." ...since i spent most of my time thwarting their attacks.

but there are things i miss about high school...like being with my best friend every hour of every day, pep rallies and football games, eating lunch at "our" table, balloon-o-grams, band trips, writing for the school paper and finding out all the gossip....it was good times. =)

now that i've had the flash back...it's back to reality...the 8-5, a bowl of oatmeal, emailing other rat racers who are on the edge of insanity as I am, anticipating 11:30 and 4:45....and living for Fridays. =/

2 comments:

kovoor36 said...

ahhh, high school was good times!! i can totally remember being in the lunch room almost all 7 periods at our table!! ahhh good times!! and yes i was a horrible kid who cuts class alot!!:)

Scorps1027 said...

it's amazing how much the rat race resembles school though!