Friday, August 25, 2006

Birthdays...Babies...and Boys...Oh My!

Well, it's time for another birthday shout out! I never realized how the summer is so inundated with birthdays! This one goes out to none other than Miss Sharika Jenkins James, the Black Boo, Snig, Shrek, Karth Vador, Black, or Sheryl (as her mother named her.) I think I wil post this picture for Sheryl's birthday shout outs for the rest of her life...because it is my all time favorite...and perfectly captures the essence of who she is. Her birthday is tomorrow...and I've done lost track of how old she is turning. I just know that I remember when she was a fluffy-haired teenager struggling to find ways to straighten her hair. =) And now...she's all grown up. However, throughout the years...there's a few things that have never and will never change...1. she's THE MOST sarcastic person I know.

2. she idolizes me. Now, she'll deny this...but, it's true...I'm the one person she calls to ask questions to...whether it be about stock prices in Ubekistan or how to make chocolate pudding...and everything in between...I'm her own personal "ask jeeves." And...she strives to be like me...whether it be the way i laugh, or the way i dress (u know it's true, Shrek...don't hate)...Her true desire is to be my mini-me. It's nice to be adored. =) She's definitely the kid sister I never wanted...HAPPY BIRTHDAY (TOMORROW), SNIGLET!

Finuji has threatened to do jumping jacks this weekend if Micah doesn't come out. She's not uncomfortable...she's tired of waiting to see him. Now that Landon's here...she's even MORE anxious! So...if you remember please prayyyyyyyyy that Micah decides he wants out soon...I don't think Finz can handle two more weeks of waiting. (Hmm...is it really Finz being anxious or me??)

I always use my blog as a forum to dawg on the creeps and punks I meet quite frequently. But, I have yet to reveal a secret ...Those of you who follow my blog know that I usually meet a guy and within 2 weeks, he's usually history...Something strange about the guy usually surfaces within that time period...like I find out he's a jackass..., and I typically use this blog as a venue to gripe about the annoyances I have endured. So, I thought it was time to actually write about something GOOD for a change. I have actually met someone NICE who has lasted past the 2 week limit...actually, he's lasted past the 4 week limit. I know, I know...shocking...isn't it? I don't want to jinx myself too much (since we all know my luck isn't usually the best)...so I will leave at that for now. ;) Hopefully more details will follow in the coming weeks...months??? aaaaaaaaahh...we shall see.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy bday broder (i still am a broder, you know?)!!! i pray that you have a very blessed year. i'm so proud of you, and even more excited to see what God is going to do through you.
bf...that was too funny what you wrote about sherik having fluffy hair & trying to find ways to straighten the fluff...looks like she's perfected the are.
and p.s. ...quit saying that you're luck is no good...it's not about luck...God's favor baby!!!! love you.

Anonymous said...

i meant, looks like she's perfected the art!!!

kovoor36 said...

happy bday sheryl!! i love this pic too!! and good luck to the illustrious finuji and getting micah to arrive soon and safe and wooohooo for the guy that may have broken the limits!! cant wait to see whats to come!

Scorps1027 said...

happy bday to sheryl! i hope finu's micah decides to make an appearance very, very soon!

they're opening up a sephora in okc?! woo hoo! you are going to be marveled,i PROMISE!

Anonymous said...

happy b'day sherika!!! i love you sooo much and so excited about the awesome things that God is doing in your life. i pray that this new year will be even a better and blessed one for you!!
i'm ready for micahji to come out too..i can't wait to see him(sigh)...
and...WHOHOOO POO!! =)

cookiemonsta said...

Sue and ----- poo sitting on a tree.. K I S S I N G!!
:)))))))))))))))))

Happy birthday sheryl. i adore the first pic =)

sueveee.. ia m crossing my fingers and toes for you.. can't wait to hear more details about *ahem* :)))))))))))))))))))))

Anonymous said...

Wait. 4 weeks? We've been talking longer that that!!! I don't understand.

Anonymous said...

i might have struggled with frizz/fluffy hair in the past, but you're still dealing with it...don't forget the refried bangs! :)