Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Well, since Billy said that you should show your appreciation towards people by giving them cupcakes, I went to the bakery yesterday and picked up two for him and Miss Val.

I thought I would post a picture of the delicious delights for BF. She, like me, has more than a sweet tooth. We have sweet TEETH. Don't they look good? It was so hard for me not to pick up a little somethin somethin for myself while I was there, but I resisted all temptation. And resisting temptation never felt worse!

I've gotten a lot of feedback from the peanut gallery about my Mexican Casserole recipe. Everyone who has tried it has liked it so far. So, I thought I'd post another one to let you guys try out. It's a bit more fattening that most recipes I make, but if you are anti-fat, there's definitely ways to cut back. Instead of using italian sausage and pepperoni, u can use turkey sausage and turkey pepperoni (that doesn't sound too appealing though, does it?)

Anwyay, here you go...EASY PIZZA PIE

cook 8 ounces of italian or pork sausage
slice pre-sliced pepperoni in 4 and add to the sausage according to taste. cook and set aside allowing it to drain well.
add one can mushroom and ½ a chopped onion to the meat mixture.

in a unbaked refrigerated pie crust, line bottom of crust with pizza sauce, layer with cheese, and then pour well-drained meat mixture on top of cheese. layer the meat mixture with more pizza sauce, and sprink top with cheese. Cover the pie with second pizza crust and cut slits on top...trim and flute edge, and bake according to crust instructions.

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

another good recipe, the reg way, who wants turkey sausage and pepperoni?? yuck!

Anonymous said...

those cupcakes look divine. can you send me a few?

Anonymous said...

those cupcakes look DE-to-the-LICIOUS...

and now i'm craving cupcakes