Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I am very aware of the fact that it only takes one moment to change your life...for better or for worse. Yet, it never ceases to shock me when a moment like this occurs. A guy I saw happy and healthy just last week is now in the Intensive Care Unit as doctors figure out what happened to him and how to treat him. I'm sure his parents are praying to have that moment back...the moment right before they lost complete control. However, if there's one thing this family knows...it's that when we have no control...there's someone above who does... If you remember, please pray for Jerin's speedy recovery. ;)

The lesson I have learned so far this week is to take nothing for granted. Even as I dragged myself to the gym yesterday, I was grateful that I could run and be active...that there's nothing holding me back...other than sheer laziness. This morning when I prayed...I added something new to my prayer..."Lord, let me fulfill your purpose for me today." I usually get hung up on doing what I want to do...but, now that I stop to think about it...It's way more important for me to do what God wants me to do each day...*sigh* I have so many lessons to learn about being a faithful, obediant person. =/

1 comment:

kovoor36 said...

i hope he gets better soon. and i hope your walk stays consistent:)