Thursday, August 10, 2006

the World's Going Crazy...

I'm partaking in one of my guilty pleasures this morning...Starbucks Carmel Light Fraps...I guess it's more of a guilty pleasure because it costs nearly $4...not because it's fattening...because it's only a mere 100 calories. Anyway, I'm getting side-tracked...I guess everyone's heard about the new flight restricitions due to terrorist attempts in England. I can't imagine being prohibited to carry lotion in my purse or carrying a water bottle. I remember the good old days when flying was fun and easy...but things are so out of hand.

Sometimes when I think about terrorists and their ring leader, Bin Laden...it seems like some fictional story about one bad guy trying to destroy the world. Sadly, this is not fiction...and the world is just going crazy. Thankfully, I don't know the fear that people in Lebanon and Israel know yet...and I think the key word here is "yet." We never know what's going to happen next...I feel like my civil liberties are being challenged because I can't carry Frizz Ease in my carry on...but that's nothing when I think of all the people who are afraid of stepping outside of their home...as well as sitting inside of their homes. =/

Tonight is my mom's grand soiree... Thankfully, I will not be going home at all until late tonight...so I will miss her pre-gala madness. Poor Mousse...she's stuck like chuck and will be forced to resign to her sleeping quarters all evening. buahaha...

It's going to be 108 degrees today...I wish i would dress weather appropriately once in a while. All black is not the proper attire for today. =/ Especially when my shirt is a sweater. If you live in the Okc area...and have access to passage into my house...please come in and remove the sweaters from my closet...and only replace it come October. I don't know why I put myself in this misery. =/

Tomorrow's Friday, people...keep chanting that to yourself to make it through today!

4 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

that's crazy about those flight restrictions...i feel like the era of innocense is long gone. you need to get rid of the black sweaters in the summer missy, we'll have to get you some pastel tees.

kovoor36 said...

man the world today is just nuts. at leats somehting crazy was hopefully avoided. and black sweaters now??? i think you deserve to be sweltering in this heat!!

cookiemonsta said...

lot of my family is travelling to India today. So it's a bit scary!

please please get rid of those sweaters

Anonymous said...

i also have a tendency to wear turtleneck sweaters during a heatwave. we should start a support group!