Thursday, June 01, 2006

Gone are the good ol' days of summer vacation...

Here's a flashback from the past from Summer 1991...(I think) Gone are the days of summer vacation...waking up at 10, eating sugary cereal that turned my milk pink, watching my favorite talk shows and game shows until it was lunch time with chef boyardee, and then enjoying a fun-filled afternoon watching re-runs and soap operas. Those were the good old days. The days when my cousins used to spend several weeks and months of the summer with me or I with them. It was fun being a kid. I'm not sure how or why we amused each other so much...we never did much but fight occasionally, sucker each other into washing dishes, play devious tricks on each other, prank call poor, unsuspecting victims, and go to church constantly while in OKC.

But now, the reality of adulthood has smacked me in the face. The daily grind of the 8-5, cherished 3 days weekends, and 3 weeks of vacation that you have to use sparingly. Adulthood sucks.

Occasionally things remind me of my childhood...like my black faux-converse that I always wanted as a kid but never got,my bike, blue thunder, an email from one of my cousins filled with tidbits of useless information similar to the 5 page snail mail version from years past, the turtle friendship pin attached to my sneakers, and elastic skirts. =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u have 3 weeks of vacation?!
i only have 2!!!

kovoor36 said...

yeha im kinda jealous of the vacay time too! and i totally rmemeber writing my cousin betsy 5 pg letter abt nothing! now we barely email a paragraph....ahh to be young again!

Anonymous said...

you guys all look too cool for school in here;)