Friday, June 02, 2006

"Sue Aunty, have you ever gone to the Library before?"
I looked at Marissa all crazy-eyed when I replied, "Yes, at least a million times."
"I've never gone before. Just at school."



Well, summer is just not summer for an Indian kid if they aren't forced to go to the library and partake in summer reading. And by God...I want my niece to be a normal Indian kid! So, I swung by the library with the rugrats yesterday and got her her very own library card. We picked out a few books for Miss, a Barney video for Andrewji, and a Saul Bellow and chick-lit book for me! It was good times.

I was reading at stop-lights on the way to work, and I realized that reading chick-lit is really not fun for me anymore. I find myself dissecting the plot and the language. I figure that if I can guess what's going to happen within the first 2 chapters...the story is no good. So, we'll see if my predictions are right on this one.

It's Friday...*the heavens part and the angels sing*..."HA-LE-LU-JAH"...BF and Mattie are heading to Jamaica, mon. I'm insanely jealous. I know, I know...how can I complain when I have lake Hefner and the park in my neighborhood to keep me amused. =/ Anyhoo...I'm itchin to see the new Jennifer Anniston/ Vince Vaughn movie that opens today...perhaps I'll check it out this weekend.

I found a few more pics from Memorial Weekend that I thought I'd post!...

"Q-Tip" (Derrick), Julez, and me

Thinkin' pink...My niece and her crew (Alyssa and Jessica)

Quite possibly the cutest dog I've ever seen...Vinson and Shirley's new pup, Koby.

Shines and Wins trying to win 12,000 tickets at Incredible Pizza

Have a great weekend, all!

4 comments:

kovoor36 said...

have a greta weekend too! i cant believe marissa didnt have a library card! im glad you caught her up:)

Anonymous said...

I guess I have no choice but to accept Q-tip. What can I call you? hmmm....I'll think of one later.

Anonymous said...

oh sue- reading about what the kids got on their library visit sparked some memories in me - i used to LOOOVE sitting in the car, riding back home, looking @ all the new books I got @ the library and remember just being sooo excited to read thru each:)

Anonymous said...

oh btw, i like that skirt you're wearing (memorial day) quiiite cute missy!