Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I have to go grocery shopping today. It's not my favorite task to do, but it's better than leaving it up to my non-label reading mother. The other night she bought wheat tortilla's to make enchiladas with. I'm sure it's the healthier option, but it just didn't taste as good. Ironically enough, my mom happened to drop the entire package of wheat tortillas on the floor the other night, saving me from making another batch of enchiladas with the remainder of the package. Needless to say Mousse has been eating bits of wheat tortillas or (tortiyo's, as my mom calls them) as a treat. Not much of a treat if you ask me...

Last night I made chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn. I know, not a very calorie conscious meal. But sometimes you gotta live a little. Lately, I've been living a little too much. It was sooooo good. Sheryl says I have a big head about my cooking. She's right...I do! =)

I got caught up in this VH1 show called Hogan Knows Best...It's about Hulk Hogan and his family. In last night's episode, they adopted a baby chimp for a trial period. It was unbelievable how freaking adorable that chimp was. Not to mention, how human-like. It was just like a real baby. Sadly, it didn't mix well with Hogan's 8 dogs...so it had to go back to a chimp shelter.

I can't imagine owning 8 dogs. The one I have is challenging enough. She is so incredibly stubborn. She decides things occasionally...like she doesn't want to go outside anymore or sleep in the laundry room. So, I have to resort to using tricks to get her to do both...or sometime just have to use brute force and drag her to do it. It's such a challenge at times! Now, I feel like she's becoming paranoid and distrustful. She won't even go outside to take a leak in fear that I'll shut the door on her. And if I reach down to pet her, she spazzes cuz she thinks I'm going to grab her collar and pull her out. Any advice?? I'm taking her to Julie's on Friday, so she can play with Diesel. Hopefully this will help her socialize and be more happy overall. We'll see how it goes...

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

good luck with your puppy. im not patient enough yet to get a dog. keep track of your tips though, one day, i may need them:)

Anonymous said...

how about sharing your recipe for the chicken fried steak?

happy roy said...

would you send me your recipe for that dinner? it sounds delicious and i LOVE chicken fried steak. i'm inundated with bar exam stress so i could really go for some southern comfort food!