Tuesday, June 20, 2006

SunuA comes back today. It feels like she has been gone for 6 months...not 2. It will be good to see her again and hear her stories. I know she has plenty to tell. Before she left, we didn't know if I'd still be here when she got back. The prospects were looking so good for me. It's crazy how life... as you hope it to be can completely make a u-turn...and you start right back from where you were at in the beginning. =/

At this point, I'm not too sure if I need a break from reality or if my reality needs a break. Seeing as how I just got back from vacation, it is probably the latter. =/
At the end of the day, I try to channel my frustrations into something creative...like the short story I've been working on for 2 weeks now. So far we're at 6 pages and I see no end in sight. Last night I worked on this onesie for JP. He's having his first birthday party on Saturday. His mom is a little challenged when it comes to making things from scratch...so I thought I'd help my namesake out a bit.

I saw a rather disturbing movie last night on Lifetime. It was a true story about a transgender teen who was murdered back in 2002. It made me realize that a lot of times we don't understand people who are different than us...and it's easy to mock things we don't understand or label it as a strange sin. I'm not saying we should promote things that we find to be immoral, but maybe be more accepting of people...show more love and a little less hate. I think that's what God would want from us. Don't they say we are the hands and feet of Jesus? Wasn't Jesus himself who hung out with the pondscum of his time with out any hesitations? I was just so disturbed by that movie...and it made me realize that hate might just be the most dangerous sin.

5 comments:

kovoor36 said...

i wanted to see that movie! i forgot abt it. but agreed, hate is the worst sin of all. p.s. welcome home sunua!!:)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sue, glad you said that about hate. I'm guilty of it. I try to limit myself to attitudes I hate, not people's lifestyles or ethnicities. I was going to give the example of youth leaders in church, but....I think i've said enough. Handle yo bizness Sue!!!!

Anonymous said...

i wanted to see that movie too, but i missed it...since it's Lifetime, though, they'll repeat it so hopefully I'll catch it next time...but i totally agree with you on the hate thing...sometimes we get so caught up in being "righteous" that we forget how to love.

cookiemonsta said...

your posts are so inspirational. how true about hate.

that onesie is so cute. you are so creative.

Scorps1027 said...

i don't know if it's hate or ignorance that is the most dangerous sin. i feel like so many things stem from ignorance, the most dangerous perhaps being hate and indifference. i'm glad to hear you are writing, and just remember suevee, God does have a plan for you and for right now it's still in Oklahoma. the onesie is adorable!