Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Jamaicans are back! The official report from BF and Mattie is that they had a wonderful, fun-filled,relaxing time!! And yes, yesterday was indeed Mattie's birthday! I viewed all 103 pictures of their lovely Jamaica trip...Snuk mentioned that she was itching to see a few, so I posted my 2 favorite. Sonia already warned me not to post any scandalous ones. To her scandalous is her in a sleeveless shirt...so I guess all the pics are scandalous! =/ I decided to post my top two favorites. I think the funniest thing about these pics are how DARK BF got. It's about damn time!


Johnson, Selia, Sonia, and Mattie


Sonia and Sel

In other news....
I've been asked to be Ruby's official wedding planner. Yep, that's right, ya'll someone FINALLY decided to trust me with their wedding. This is the break I've been waiting for. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Ruby's a bit apprehensive that our anal personalities will collide, however I ensured her that our friendship will remain in tact because I am accepting the fact that SHE is the bride. However, I must admit that initially I secretly hoped she would get a dress that would fit me too. (just so I could squeeze in it and pretend once in a while) All jokes aside, I plan on being very professional and providing her with as many options as I can. i completely understand that the final choice is hers!

I prepared a spreadsheet to keep the possibilities organized, and started making calls . I had so much fun saying, "My name is Susan, and I'm the wedding planner. Let me check with the bride on her availability and we'll get back with you." I have some leads, and next week, Ruby and I will be checking out a hall to see if it meets her needs. I'll have to find something "wedding planner-ish" to wear. ;)

A special thanks to Ruby for putting her wedding into my hands. I promise I will not fail you. This morning she text messaged me with a name for my business..."A Beautiful Day."...I like it cuz U2's song could be my theme song!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for posting the pics, poo =) i dont know what sana's so paranoid about...she looks great! i love that pic of her and selia!

meanwhile, i cant wait to hear more about how the wedding plans...i'm sure it'll be beautiful =)

Anonymous said...

how cool that you were asked to be the wedding planner!

kovoor36 said...

thats awesome!! good luck! and if you were here, id totally put you in charge!!:)

Soulsysta said...

Morning suse,

i've got a dress you could fit into - does that by any chance make you wanna leave OK and scoot over to TO? Cuz if it does, you could also be my planner - I'm literally the anti-bride - so heck, YOU could pretend to be the bride and I would probably love that LOTS!