Friday, June 23, 2006

It's Friday...Holla if you hear me!

You like that title? My cousins have this friend who talks Ebonics around certain people. I guess she thinks it's cool. I knew a girl who was born and raised in Oklahoma who mysteriously acquired a New York accent one summer...and NO, IT'S NOT ME. It's funny what kids do to be cool. Anyway...

It's Friday! Before I forget...here's the word of the week:
sobriquet \SO-brih-kay; -ket; so-brih-KAY; -KET\, noun:
A nickname; an assumed name; an epithet
Although I hate it, "Poo" has become my sobriquet.

Last night I did something stupid. I haven't done something truly stupid in a long time...well, okay...a week...so it was overdue. I went to the library with the kids. Andrew had a video due and I had a book due. we get to the library, get out of the car, and I grab his video, but can't find my book. Marissa says, "The last I saw it was when you put it on top of the car, Sue Aunty." Uhm, yah...come to think of it...that was the last I saw it too. So yes, I drove off with the book on top of the car. We quickly got back in the car and drove home...looking on the opposite side of the street to see if we could spot a book that was smashed to smitherines. Luckily...we found it...laying on my street...It didn't even have a scratch on it. ;)I let out a big...THANK YOU JESUS! (in my best country accent)...and andrew demanded, "talk normal, sue aunty!!"

Is it wrong that the current song playing in my head is promiscuous girl?

I'm hoping that tonight will be the night that I get to go see Nacho Libre. My little cousins are the only ones who will agree to go watch it with me. No one else I know likes Jack Black. I don't understand why...what's not to love??

Tomorrow is Billy and Valerie's baby shower celebrating their baby boy, Landon. I helped Billy paint the nursery a few weeks ago. Or should I say..I helped him paint the floor of the nursery a few weeks ago. (i spilled paint EVERYWHERE) So, I'm excited to see how it looks now that it's completely done!!

So the pente conference is on it's way. stopped going to those several years ago, but i find myself wanting to go for atleast one day this year. The Beacon writers will be meeting along with the members of Project Nineveh, so I'd kinda like to go talk with some of these folks. We'll see. I hear that conferences now are much different than conferences in my day...when the hilight of the "religious weekend" was to go to the after parties in seedy clubs and hook up. What does that say about my generation?? Now, there is actual spiritual growth. Wow...what a novel idea!

Well, have a good weekend, rat racers...enjoy the 2 days of bliss!!

3 comments:

kovoor36 said...

holllllaaaaaaaaaa! glad you found the book! i think im still banned from the free library of philly cause i took out a book for a friend for a group project we were working on.... its either pay a fine for $$$$$ or never go... i have a lil $$ so i just buy books or borrow from friends!! (who know where i live so they can come for thme whenever!!!):)

Anonymous said...

Sue - NL was great. Let us know what you think!

Have a good time at the conference I've been once -- never again! :) Project Nineveh sounds pretty interesting though...

Anonymous said...

Mmm, not pente. I was raised Brethren, and so I've been to a Brethren meat-mark... er conference... once. :)