Sunday, June 18, 2006

This picture was taken when I was three. I'm sure my sister remembers this scene quite well...I was deathly afraid of cameras, so I was bawling my eyes out during this family picture. They had to place me on my dad's lap instead of my mom's, so I would quieten down. He was always the one I went to when I needed comfort, to feel protected, or a little extra TLC. There's something so special about a father's love...especially how they love their daughters. That kind of loves seems to know no boundaries...they will do anything to make sure their daughters are protected and cared for. Words can't express how much I have missed that in my life...how much I wish I could have had it for just a while longer.

It's amazing how someone I only knew for twelve years has impacted my life more than anyone else I've known thus far. Although my memories are limited, I remember how much joy he brought...not just to me, but to all who knew him. He was truly a light, a sweet spirit...I find myself striving to be like him, yet falling short time and time again.

I may not have a father to celebrate WITH today, but I do have a father to celebrate and I am ever-so-grateful to have had his love...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sue i love that you said that - you still have a father to celebrate!...happy father's day to the man in your life that impacted you so much:)

Anonymous said...

happy father's day to your wonderful dad =) i'm sure that he was just as grateful, if not more so, to have had your love, poo

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to a wonderful Dad who's there with you at all times. I'm certain he's proud of the young woman you've become. This was a beautiful tribute to him. :)

kovoor36 said...

happy fathers day to your dad... im glad you know and honor the fact that hes always there!! very cute pic by the way!!:)